Are you providing care services to patients with multiple chronic conditions without reimbursement? Why?
As of January 1, 2015, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) are paying monthly reimbursement for providing chronic care management services. The CPT code 99490 pays approximately $42 per month per patient to providers who deliver 20+ minutes of non-face-to-face chronic care coordination to eligible Medicare beneficiaries.
ChronicCareIQ automates your chronic care management program so you can start getting paid through the CMS reimbursement program for services you’re already providing.
The ACA payment reform was designed to improve care for chronic patients and reduce hospitalizations. CMS believes that by offering incentives doctors will be more engaged with at-risk populations, and hospitalizations will be reduced.
The cost of managing chronic care:
- 84% of all healthcare spending is on patients with one or more chronic diseases.
- 68% of Medicare patients have two or more chronic diseases.
- 50% of American adults have a chronic disease.
To participate in the Medicare CCM program:
- Identify qualified Medicare patients with two or more chronic conditions.
- Create a care plan, develop a Patient Consent Form, and have patients sign the form.
- Provide 20 minutes or more of non-face-to-face chronic care per month per patient.
- Only one providing physician may bill.
- Services can be billed every month.
- Use a certified EHR.
- Provide 24/7 access for beneficiaries to care plan.
- Coordinate care, manage referrals and share data electronically with other providers.
ChronicCareIQ automates chronic care management
We improve patient participation and quality of care while helping you to get paid for the new CMS program under CPT® code 99490. With its remote patient monitoring capacity and patient participation, ChronicCareIQ automates and simplifies the management of chronic care patients.
- Increase monthly revenue by $10k or more per provider. Complete the CCM Revenue Calculator.
- Proactively engage patients and reduce hospitalizations.
- Improve patient outcomes and physician satisfaction.
- Reduce demands on staff.
- Minimize risk with automated compliance.
Increase patient satisfaction and your revenue
- $38,467 = Potential monthly revenue for an average cardiologist
- $27,690 = Potential monthly revenue for an average internal practice physician
- $13,845 = Potential monthly revenue of eligible patients from the panel of an average family practice physician
Ready to earn more revenue?
Succeed with CCM.