Client Success & QA Intern
We cannot succeed without our customers being successful.
ChronicCareIQ is a fast-growing healthcare software start-up based in Roswell, GA. Our team is working to solve big healthcare problems. More patients in the U.S. are diagnosed with chronic conditions today than ever before. Physicians are charged with keeping up with pay reforms and compliance regulation changes and outcomes-based reimbursement rules, which makes caring for their chronically ill patients difficult. They need your help and so do we.
We are looking for a part-time Client Success and Product Intern with interests in eventually working in the healthcare startup space. This individual will use their knack for getting things done to help build documentation and processes around account management and client success best practices. The primary project which this intern will work on completing is a software quality assurance testing project. This is a unique opportunity for individuals with interest in the technical side of healthcare software, with a key focus on client-facing positive outcomes.
The role will have flexible hours for the right hire. We are willing to work around school and work hours, if needed. The person in this role will have high visibility and therefore will need to be an effective team communicator.
- Working with other ChronicCareIQ team members on creating and publishing deliverables around Customer Success
- Creating tickets for enhancements and general support inquiries
- Scope, develop and complete the QA project with the oversight and assistance of the Director of Operations and Client Success Manager
- Contributing to overall Customer Success activities
- Other adhoc tasks, as the team sees fit and the schedule permits
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Creative, analytical, and business-minded
- Passion for healthcare IT and emerging healthcare technology
- Self-starter mentality with a drive to get things done and interest in continual learning
- Strong work ethic and the ability to wear many hats (these are important in a small company)
Compensation and Hours:
- TBD depending on experience and availability (No less than 4-6 hours per week)
We have flexible hours for interns and can work around school schedules. Our main priority is to find someone with a passion for healthcare technology and a drive to make a difference in our company. This can be a short-term internship or an ongoing practicum. Please, only full-time students should apply.
This role will report directly to the Director of Operations.
Ready to join the ChronicCareIQ team?
Make a lasting impact on population health through innovative technology.